Date of last revision: 24 May 2021 v1.0
This section sets out the terms that apply to donations or payments (Donations) made to MS Readathon. Each Donation indicates to MS Readathon that you agree with these terms and conditions (Donation Terms), as updated from time to time.
- Donations by you– To make a Donation on the MS Readathon Website, you must:
- be over 18 or have the consent of your parent or guardian;
- comply with these Donation Terms (and the );
- have a current email address; and
- have a valid credit card which you are authorised to use for making the Donation by under these Donation Terms and General Terms.
- agree to accept responsibility for all Donations made by you by someone on your behalf
- Your Donations – Your donations will allocated to the MS organisation in the state of the person you donated, to make a direct impact to people living with MS, and in WA, other neurological conditions.
- Donation methods- All Donations which you make to MS Readathon through the MS Readathon website are made through a separate payment gateway, Stripe (stripe.com/au). The Stripe payment gateway accepts Visa, Mastercard and American Express credit cards as forms of payment. By submitting a Donation through the MS Readathon website, you authorise Stripe to charge the account you specify for the Donation amount. You must not make a Donation, or attempt to make a Donation, in relation to MS Readathon through any fraudulent means.
- Security of information – All financial information pertaining to donors and participants of MS Readathon is stored securely in line with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS), with no complete bank details retained. MS Readathon uses a third-party provider, Funraisin to host and manage the MS Readathon website. Funraisin uses the assistance of professional financial gateway specialist to assist with financial transactions, for further information on these companies see their websites: funraisin.co and www.stripe.com For more information on how your data is handled by Funraisin https://www.funraisin.co/privacy-policy
- All information is retained securely for the period of time determined by law and disposed of in a secure manner.
- Your information – personal information is collected to process donations, issue tax receipts and send updates. For these purposes, only if the donor gives permission, your information may be shared with trusted third parties and our service providers (and their directors, servants and agents), either in Australia or overseas. Failure to provide personal information may result in MS Readathon being unable to provide you with certain information and offers.
- Privacy – MS* staff and volunteers understand and respect your right to Privacy and the confidentiality and security of personal information provide by You. MS* will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, loss, interference and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
For further information on Privacy, how MS* protects your rights and manages personal, sensitive and health information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 please follow this link: https://www.msreadathon.org.au/privacy-statement
- Refunds – If you have made a donation in error, MS Readathon is happy to refund you provided you notify MS Readathon as soon as possible and in any event prior to the June 30 following receipt of your donation (e.g. for a donation made June 2021, notification is required by 30 June 2021; for a donation made in July 2021, notification required by 30 June 2022).
- If you change your mind about your online donation or payment, please send us your request for refund within 20 calendar days of the date on which you made your donation. We will honour your request. Refund requests based on a change of mind and after 20 calendar days will not accepted.
- If you are enrolled in our recurring giving program, you may receive a refund for the most recent month’s donation. If you wish to request a refund, then please contact us using the contact details in the Contact Us section of the MS Readathon website.
- Recurring Giving- If you have opted into our monthly giving program, donations may be made by credit or debit, using a Visa, MasterCard or American Express. MS* will not store your credit card information. Your information will be stored by our payment gateway provider, who will complete payment on approximately the same day each month. You will only be charged transaction fees if you opted to do so when signing up. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time to change or cancel these payments, request a refund (see above for details) or make a change to your payment details. If a payment does not go through, MS* will try four times before cancelling the monthly donation. Please see our FAQ’s for further details related to this program.
- Payment fees – MS Readathon does not charge fees for Donations. The third-party platform the MS Readathon website is hosted on, Funraisin, does not charge MS* any set up or hosting fees. To operate, Funraisin asks donors to add a small processing fee to their donation. If the person making the Donation chooses not to add a small processing fee, nothing is charged to MS*. The payment gateway, Stripe, does charge MS* a small fee per transaction.
- Taxes – MS* does not guarantee that you will be eligible for any tax benefit by making a Donation to MS Readathon except to the extent that we currently hold an endorsement for deductible gift status. The person making the Donation is responsible for any applicable sales or use tax, duties, or other governmental taxes or fees payable in connection with the Donation.
- Consent to Communications – If you make a Donation to MS Readathon through the MS Readathon website you agree that MS* and its respective officers, employees and agents can contact you in relation to your Donation. The main form of communication (although not limited to) with you will be by email. You may opt-in to certain communications from MS*, it’s beneficiary partners or third parties. You will be given the option to opt-out of communications with all parties in each communication.
- Governing law - These Donation Terms form an agreement between you and MS*, and is subject to the laws of each state & territory in Australia. If there are any inconsistency between these Donation Terms and other MS Readathon General Terms, these Donation Terms have priority. If any portion of these Donation Terms is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in effect. If MS Readathon and/or the MS* organisations fail to enforce any of these Donation Terms, it will not be considered a waiver.
- Entities - MS* represents the four MS organisations across Australia who work collectively to deliver the MS Readathon. The four organisations are Multiple Sclerosis Limited (ABN 66 004 942 287), MS Queensland (ABN 56 731 473 412), The Multiple Sclerosis Society of SA & NT (ABN 85 662 359 859) and MSWA (ABN 75 638 080 972).
All enquiries should be directed via email to email@example.com or via mail to Locked Bag 401, Lidcombe NSW 1825, or via telephone 1300 677 323.
MS* reserves the right to amend these Terms from time to time and You will be subject to the Terms in force at the time you donate to MS Readathon.
Connect with Us